Monday, November 8, 2010

Too Much Coffee

Who: Rick
What (typing tunes): Tenth Avenue North
Where: SoCal
Fluids: Coffee

Hello All,

Kristen and I like to get up before the girls, have some coffee and do a little reading. In truth Kristen is better at it than I am, but when I do get up it is always nice to get a little quiet reading time before the day gets started. One would think that after this time of peace and reflection we would welcome our beloved children by singing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs to them as they come forth with their pillows, bears, bunnies, and other stuffed devices.

This is not what happened this morning.

You see we have a coffee pot that holds two cups of coffee per adult and when I say "cup" I don't mean 8 0z ... I mean two good old all-american size, jumbo cups of Joe ... this leads too what I like to call "the coffee hangover".

As we finish off the coffee and hang on to the last vestiges of our "quiet time" we experience the "coffee hangover" which leads right into the "cranky pants".

This morning our girls awoke together and unbeknownst to us planned a fashion show. This delightful combination of "coffee hangover", "cranky pants" and music turned up to eleven with daughters dancing around in various combinations of clothes and bedding devices is certainly worth remembering. The father yelling to turn the music down and the mother yelling to turn it back up probably could be forgotten.

Kristen thinks it might be time for breakfast.

Todays reading ...

Fathers, don't exasperate your children by coming down hard on them. Take them by the hand and lead them in the way of the Master.
Ephesians 6:4

Perhaps Paul should have warned us about the "Coffee Hangover" and the "Cranky Pants"?

The day promises to be amazing :-)

2 comments:

  1. Love the verse, called a cranky old man today by Malie. I will need to memorize that verse.

    ReplyDelete